Studio Brief 1: Individual Practice - Psicodelic Custom


From a trip to Spain I got talking to a friend that has his own clothing brand, he knew I was studying graphic design and asked me if I could design a logo to be used on t-shirts for his summer collection.


Brief:

Psicodelic Custom is a clothing brand from Malaga, Spain. They are looking for a new logo to be used for there summer collection.

Considerations:

  • Existing products.
  • Other brands.
  • Target audience.

Target Audience:

16 - 22 years old.
Relation to skate culture.

Mandatory Requirements:

Be used on a variety of products without being changed.

Deliverables:

Logo.

 - 

From looking into the brand and the existing products I started to make a list of the text that could be used in the logo.

PSC

1993

PSICODELIC CUSTOM

THE PYRAMID

PSC CSTM

PC

PSICODELIC


I started to develop my ideas in illustrator basing them on existing products by Psicodelic and other brands from similar clothes companies.








After I had produced the logos I mocked a logos on t-shirts so the client could see how the finished result would look.




I presented the work to the client and we discussed changes that he wanted to be made. After the discussion I made the changes to the work, here is the final outcome:





The client decided he wanted to add an existing pyramid shape used in other designs he had and add it to one of the logos I created. I didn’t think the end result was that successful because the pyramid didn’t fit the font chosen, however the client thought it worked well with the already existing products.


Final Design Boards: