Studio Brief 2: Collaborative Practice - YCN Boost



For studio brief 2 - collaborative practice I teamed up with Bobby Jones. We decided to work on a YCN competition brief. Once we had chosen a brief to work on we rewrite the brief.




Once we had the brief rewritten we began to brainstorm ideas. First we had to come up with a name for the product. We brainstormed names and set up a survey so we could see what name people preferred.






Now that we had a name for the product I went on to designing the packaging for the bottle. I started of my looking at different typefaces that I could use.




We decided to choose the Kravitz typeface. To complete this, we added a continuous line around the type to enclose it and to make it resemble more the already existing brand logo.

Final Logo:





Label measurements:






I now went on to creating the label, for this I did a few layout ideas and later created the ones I thought would be more successful on illustrator.






Mock up:




Now that I had the measurements and the label ideas I still felt like something was missing to the design so I started brainstorming and created the following concept. Since this was a flavoured water I started to look at water and how it was formed from different atoms.




I took this idea into illustrator a creating the following pattern which I would use throughout the rest of the design and campaign.




Final Label Designs:

For each flavour the pattern would change colour.









Production:

For the production we printed the labels on acetate so that the colour of the drink would show through the label.





For the last part of the brief a campaign was needed for the new product, I focused on the printed campaign creating billboards and posters whilst Bobby focused on social media and digital coverage.

Here are some sketches I did of possible designs:








Using mock ups in photoshop I created the following ideas for the campaign:





Finally I put together the design boards that we would send of to enter the competition.





My Final Design Boards: